1) Start by going to zoom.us
2) On the top right corner, click on the blue “Sign Up, It’s Free” button.
3) Enter your school email address and click “Sign Up”
4) You’ll receive an email from Zoom to activate. Go to your email and click Activate Account.
5) You’ll be redirected to fill in your first name, last name, and create a password
6) Select “Skip this step”
You’re good to go!
1) Start by going to https://zoom.us/download
2) Click the blue “Download” button under Zoom Client for Meetings to access the installer
3) Open the Zoom installer from your downloads folder and follow the on-screen steps to set up your Zoom Client
You have two options:
Option 1: Join using the provided URL
1) Open the email, newsletter, calendar invite, or other communication that contains a link to the pre- scheduled meeting and click the URL to join the Zoom Meeting
Option 2: Join using Meeting ID
1) Open the Zoom desktop app
2) Click on the Home Button
3) Click Join and type in the provided Meeting ID and your name
Once you’re in the meeting, you may choose to connect audio in three different ways:
1) Using computer audio (recommended)
2) Dialing into a conference bridge from your phone
3) Have Zoom call you by entering your phone number and your meeting will call your phone
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client and stay signed in.
- Check your internet speed. If you’re on free wifi you may need to keep your camera off to improve quality.
- Turn your camera on and have your camera at eye level.
- Stay muted unless you’re talking to reduce background noise.
- Make sure you sit in a well lit and quiet place.
- Be mindful of what’s going on behind you. Think about having a solid wall behind you or turning on the virtual background.