The David Eccles School of Business is here to support you every step of the way through your academic journey. We know these are challenging times, but please know you are not alone. See below for resources from mental health to food pantries. We will get through this together.
Mental Health Support
All students currently enrolled at the University of Utah students are eligible for University of Utah Counseling Center Services. Please visit https://counselingcenter.utah.edu/ for more information. Additional resources are listed below.
- Self-help resources from the University Counseling Center
- Crisis Management & Referral Services
- Community Crisis Intervention & Support Services
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255
- SafeU crisis chat and tip line: 833-372-3388
- University Neuropsychiatric Institute Crisis Line: 801-587-3000
- Utah Crisis Hotline: 800-273-TALK
- LGBTQIA* Resources:
- LGBT National Center : 800-246-7743 (youth through age 15) 888-843-4564 (all ages)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline – LGBT Abuse 800-799-7233
- Trans Lifeline: 877-565-8860
- Network/LA Red, a survivor-led, social justice organization that works to end partner abuse in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, SM, polyamorous, and queer communities. 617-742-4911; 800-832-1901
- Office for Student Inclusion (OSI)
OSI hosts workshops and events that support the Eccles community, including our weekly Community Care Hour. Find more information about this and other resources on campus here.
- In a Pinch?
Sponsored by the Office of Student Engagement & Assessment (SEA), In a Pinch provides free, helpful items to students such as non-perishable food, personal hygiene, and wellness items. More info here.
- Career Closet
Located in Business Career Services (GARFF 1300), the Career Closet allows students to rent complimentary professional clothes for that important interview, career fair, etc.
Food and Basic Needs
- Feed U Pantry
The University of Utah food pantry provides non-perishable, nourishing food for students, their families, faculty, and staff. The Feed U Pantries are located in the A. Ray Olpin Student Union and Stensaas Lounge of EHSEB.
- Basic Needs Collective
Find additional resources for food, wellness, financial assistance, and other community resources at this website that features daily live chat or emails with more information.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
SNAP Eligibility has been temporarily expanded to include students enrolled at least half-time in an institution of higher education. Visit www.uah.org/get-help/snap or contact the financial aid office more information.
- Salt Lake County Resources
SLC.gov also has compiled emergency food access resources.
- Rental Assistance
Apply online to tap into federal rent relief money.