Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of Business Leaders Incorporated (BLinc.)!
BLinc. is a premier student leadership organization in the David Eccles School of Business. As the undergraduate student government of the David Eccles School of Business, Business Leaders Incorporated (BLinc) aims to empower all students to enhance their Eccles Experience by providing diverse events, programs and resources.
BLinc. focuses on student engagement as a strategic component of defining and enhancing the Eccles Experience. BLinc. aims to foster student engagement through involvement opportunities in student organizations and clubs, connections with offices and departments, advocating for the student body’s needs, as well as holding various events and training to support development of skill building, knowledge building, enhancing cultural competence and community building.
BLinc is organizationally housed in the Office of Student Engagement & Assessment (SEA) at the Eccles School.
Please contact Laura Schwartz for more information.
BLinc. Application Process
BLinc. CEO Application Process
- CEO Application closes at 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 27, 2021
- Top CEO applicants will be asked to complete an in-person interview and short presentation on Monday, February 1st between 3:00 and 6:30pm MST. We ask all applicants to hold this time on their schedules.
- Application Status Letters will be shared with all applicants by Thursday, February 4, 2021
Any declared Business student interested in the CEO position is strongly encouraged to connect in-person with the current CEO and BLinc Advisor during one of the following times in the BLinc. Office (SFEBB 5th floor):
- Monday, January 25th from 12:00 – 1:00pm MST. RSVP here.
BLinc. Board Member Application Process
- The virtual BLinc. Open House will be on Monday, Feb. 8, 2021 from 5:30 – 6:30 pm MST. RSVP here.
- Board Member Applications close at 5 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 12, 2021.
- Top Board Member applicants will be asked to complete a virtual interview between Feb. 19 and 20, 2021.
- Application Status Letters will be shared with all applicants by Monday, March 1, 2021.
BLinc. Board Overview
BLinc. is organizationally housed in the Office of Student Engagement & Assessment (SEA) at the David Eccles School of Business. Below is an overview or the BLinc. Board’s organizational structure.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO): The BLinc CEO oversees all aspects of Business Leaders Incorporated. In addition to providing strategic and administrative support for BLinc and SEA, a key function of this role is to formally and informally provide undergraduate student voice, as a representative of the David Eccles School of Business, at School and University wide levels, to students, faculty and staff. The individual who fills the CEO role should be dedicated to leadership development and promoting diversity and inclusion in the Eccles School. Additionally, this position will have administrative and logistic responsibilities – attention to detail and exceptional communication skills are a must.
Works to ensure BLinc brand and content are consistent with the outreach of the David Eccles School of Business. Serves Eccles student organization’s M+C needs and encourages proper use of media outlets in promotion of all BLinc events, programming, and initiatives. This committee consists of the Chief of Marketing, Content Lead, and Art Lead.
Events and Trainings Committee:
The BLinc Events & Trainings Committee is responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating school-wide events and training opportunities for the undergraduate Eccles Community. This committee consists of the Chief of Events, Event Lead, Training Lead, and Community Engagement Lead.
Student Engagement Committee:
The BLinc Student Engagement Committee is responsible for facilitating opportunities for the student voice to be heard through Business Student Council and increasing communication across student leadership initiatives at the Eccles School. This committee consists of the Chief of Student Engagement, Student Organizations Lead, Data Analytics Lead and the ASUU Senator for the Eccles School.
All BLinc positions will be compensated at an hourly rate.
- Serve as a key representative of Business Leaders Incorporated and the David Eccles School of Business at all times
- Promote and cultivate a positive atmosphere for Eccles students and fellow BLinc board members by creating a strong community presence in the school through peer mentorship, inclusion, collaboration and professionalism.
- Attend and participate in planning and execution of Business Leaders Incorporated Events including, but not limited to:
- Weekly Events:
- Attend and participate in weekly BLinc meetings from August 2020 to May 2021
- Hold office hour(s) in the Business Leaders Incorporated office space (time amount determined on position)
- Attend and participate in weekly/bi-weekly committee meetings (.5 hour a week/1 hour every other week)
- Monthly Events: Student Leader trainings, Business Student Council meetings
- BLinc Team Events: Weekend (overnight) team retreat (in April) and half day retreat in January. Attend a check-in with CEO and advisor once a semester
- Fall Events: Eccles Welcome (previously Day Zero), Eccles Student Leader Orientation, Student Organization/Club Leadership Lunches with the Deans, Party on the Plaza, Legacy of Lowell, Eccles Business Gala
- Spring Events: Spring into Business, Ballin’ with Blinc, Spring Service Event, and End-of-Year Student Leadership Celebration.
- Weekly Events:
- Actively participate in outreach efforts throughout the academic year. This includes tabling, classroom presentations, and attending meetings as requested.
- Assist with other administrative duties as needed in support of BLinc programmatic aims
- Business Student Council meetings (fall & spring)
- Party on the Plaza (fall) and Spring into Business (spring)
- Eccles Welcome for new business students (fall)
- Eccles Gala for students, faculty & staff (fall)
- Student Leadership Celebration & student leadership award process (spring)
- Inclusion focused leadership trainings for students (fall & spring)
- Student Organization and club leader trainings (fall & spring)
- Eccles Student Organization funding process
- Marketing and communication needs for Eccles Student Organizations
- Balling with BLinc (spring)
- First day of the semester bagels and finals week support (fall & spring)
- Community engagement/service project for Eccles Inclusion Symposium (spring)
- Submission of ASUU travel requests for Business Students (fall & spring)