Opportuntiy Scholar Scholarship Application
Opportunity Scholars Qualifications
- First-Generation: Your parents have not attended or graduated from a four-year higher education institution. You are first in your immediate family to attend college.
- Underrepresented: You are from a social group that is underrepresented in higher education.
- Need: You have a demonstrated financial need as evidenced through federal student aid.
- Residency: You are a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- GPA: Your grade point average is greater than 3.0. Continued eligibility in the program is dependent on maintaining a GPA greater than 3.0.
Opportunity Scholars Application Process
To apply, complete the following steps:
- Complete and submit the electronic application by April 1.
- Send an electronic copy of the following to OpportunityScholar@Eccles.Utah.edu:
- Copy of Student Aid Report (SAR). Received upon filing with FAFSA.
- Two letters of recommendation. Professors, administrators, church leaders, employer, coaches, etc. No letters from family.
- Official high school (incoming freshman) or college transcript OR send hard copy to: David Eccles School—Opportunity Scholars Program Deans Office 1655 E. Campus Center Dr. Salt Lake City, UT 84112-9301