Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative Rising Star Internship
Elective credit internship course for students majoring in Entrepreneurship, Management, and/or Marketing.
(This includes the following courses: MKTG 4880, MGT 5880, and ENTP 5880.)
The Daniels Fund Ethics Imitative Internship is unique joint program offered by the Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative and Business Career Services. This internship provides credit for learning, not credit simply for working. Students are accepted for this opportunity on the basis of their previous academic record at the University of Utah and and the strength of their application.
The intern may receive a monetary award of up to $1,000 upon successful completion of the internship course and submission of a paper discussing the application of ethics in the workplace at the conclusion of the internship.
Please note that as these are academic credits, tuition will be charged for the three course credits once you have been approved to be added to the course.
Daniels Fund Ethics Guiding Principles
- Act with honesty in all situations
- Engage in fair competition and create equitable and just relationships
- Build trust in all stakeholder relationships
- Maintain open and truthful communications
- Accept responsibility for all decisions
- Honor the rights, freedoms, views, and property of others
- Rule of Law
- Comply with the spirit and intent of laws and regulations
- Create long-term value for all relevant stakeholders
Meet with career coach
Depending on which internship for credit course you plan on taking, set an appointment with one of the following career coaches. They will help you with the next steps.
Management & Entrepreneurship
Arrange for internship
Prior to your meeting with your supervisor, complete the Internship Acknowledgment Form; this form will provide your employer with an overview of the internship program and their responsibilities. Be sure to enter your supervisor’s email address correctly in the form.
Once you complete the form, it will be automatically forwarded to your supervisor, who will need to digitally sign the form. When you receive the signed form from your supervisor, please forward it to the appropriate internship career coach:
Polly Unruh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
MGT 5880/ENTP 5880
Marcella Kirschbaum (email@example.com)
Formulate four learning objectives
These objectives should be four projects or achievable task-oriented goals that relate your internship and your education. They should be clear, challenging, achievable and measurable actions. At least two of your four learning objectives need to be ethics-based for this internship. Your four learning objectives should be developed with your employer, and MUST reflect new learning and new responsibility.
Review your learning objectives with the following career coaches:
For MGT 5880/ENTP 5880
Send your learning objectives to Marcella Kirschbaum for review. Final approval will be made by Professor Aaron Phillips.
For MKTG 4880
Send your learning objectives to Polly Unruh for review. Final approval will be made by Professor Paul Dowling.
View Sample Learning Objectives
Upload the following documents for the application:
- A copy of the offer letter from your employer. The offer letter should be written on company letterhead and include the following information:
- The student’s job title and formal job description
- The number of hours per week the student will be working
- The proposed time period of employment (from what date to what date)
- The name, address, and phone number of the student’s immediate supervisor
- Signed by a representative of the company
- The four learning objectives developed with your supervisor
- A copy of your current My Degree Dashboard (with cumulative and major GPA)
- A current copy of your resume