First Ascent Scholars
Students need to concentrate on what matters: Education
The First Ascent Scholars program cultivates, encourages and enables academically focused students from socioeconomically disadvantaged backgrounds to attend the Eccles School and connect with the University of Utah, local and global community while reaching their full academic potential.
Scholars are expected to give back to the broader community through volunteer work, engagement in First Ascent activities, and in their academic commitment at the Eccles School.
Do you have what it takes to be part of First Ascent Scholars?
- Monthly engagement with the First Ascent Scholars team
- Participation in First Ascent Scholars events, including: travel, speaker series and team-building
- Mandatory volunteer work in a school or other educational setting
- Two years of on-campus residency
- Maintain a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester
- Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Attend the annual Scholarship Luncheon
- Collaborating with a mentor