Senior Tourism Analyst
Jennifer Leaver is a research analyst specializing in local, regional, and statewide tourism research.
Ms. Leaver is currently working on a study with the Utah Office of Tourism. As part of this contract, she writes and updates the “State of Utah’s Tourism, Travel and Recreation Industry” report, which is published annually in the Utah Economic and Business Review. In 2014, she made recommendations to the Office of Tourism regarding updates to existing tourism marketing performance fund legislation. In 2014, Ms. Leaver created 29 Utah county tourism profiles, which are updated annually and made available to county leaders and the general public online. In, 2015 she will be producing a research brief focusing on the economic contributions of Utah’s tourism industry to Utah’s urban vs. rural regions.
Ms. Leaver received her B.A. in English from the University of Puget Sound and her M.A. in Applied Anthropology from Oregon State University. Prior to her time at the University of Utah, she spent seven years working as a policy specialist, research consultant, and information analyst for the State of Utah’s Department of Human Services.”
- M.A., Applied Anthropology
- B.A., Honors in English
- Travel and Tourism
- Film & Digital Entertainment
- The State of Utah’s Travel & Tourism Industry (2016)
- The Economic Contributions of Tourism in Utah: A Regional Comparison (2013)
- Where Old West Meets New West: Confronting Conservation, Conflict and Change on Utah’s Last Frontier (2000)
- Tourism Economics 101: Utah Rural Summit (2015)