Last month, Business Career Services (BCS) hosted its annual Faculty Career Mentor Awards to celebrate the outstanding support and partnership of faculty members, departments, and employers.
Faculty are nominated by Eccles students, giving these mentorship awards special significance. Students stood to share stories about the impact these extraordinary educators have had in their lives and career decisions, highlighting what a big difference they make in the classroom and beyond.
BCS also recognized department and corporate partners for the valuable work they do in providing opportunities that support student success. We are grateful to work with this year’s awardees and all others who champion the career outcomes of our students. Congratulations to all of the award recipients!
Faculty Career Mentor Awards
Nominated by students and awarded to faculty members for exemplary guidance in career exploration.
- Rand Kerr, Professor, Operations & Information Systems, Master of Healthcare Administration (nominated by Britney Sevy)
- Sheena McFarland, Director, Marketing + Communications; Adjunct Instructor, Marketing, Management (nominated by Victoria Nguyen)
- Stanford Pugsley, Assistant Professor (Lecturer), Operations & Information Systems, Master of Business Analytics, Master of Information Systems (nominated by Jacob Parkin)
BCS Faculty Partner Award
Awarded to faculty members for valuable partnership in support of activities, events, and career education offered by Business Career Services.
- Bonita Austin, Professor (Lecturer); Director, Business Scholars Academics
- Abe Bakhsheshy, Professor and Director of Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative; Professor (Lecturer), Entrepreneurship and Strategy Department
Inspirational Career Leader Recognition
In recognition of exemplary career-long service to students and the career community.
- Dana Sowby, Adjunct Faculty and Director, Student Education
Department Partner Award
Awarded to an Eccles School department in recognition of proactive collaboration for the benefit of students and employers to build careers.
- Goff Strategic Leadership Center
Ruchi Watson, Managing Director, Assistant Professor
Stephanie Baugh, Manager
Maya Jolley, Manager
Recruiting Partner Award
Awarded to an outstanding partner in the role of corporate recruiter or human resources executive.
- Sonja Spencer, Utah Territory Manager, TTI Group; Eccles Alumna
Corporate Partner Award
Awarded to valued corporate partners for exemplary activity in support of career opportunities for students of the David Eccles School of Business.
- Zions Bank
Your premier Eccles Experience. Business Career Services (BCS) offers comprehensive career coaching and resources to students at the David Eccles School of Business. Paired with a dedicated corporate outreach team, BCS also allows students to gain real-world experience through job and internship opportunities with top employers. For more information, visit Eccles.link/BCS.