The Office for Student Engagement & Assessment has released a new Canvas course to help Eccles students prepare for online learning. The Eccles Online Learning Assistance Course gives you the resources you need to maximize opportunities both inside and outside the classroom.
5 things you will learn by taking this course
- Hosting and participating in Zoom calls
- This module outlines etiquette when participating in a Zoom call – whether that be a lecture or meeting. It also details how to change your name and preferred pronouns within your account.
- Utilizing the University’s technology resources
- If you are having difficulty accessing online classes due to an issue with wifi or technology, the Marriott Library’s Knowledge Commons is continuing to rent both laptops and WIFI hotspots to students who need access to them.
- Accessing the UIT Knowledge Base
- The UIT Knowledge Base has articles that can help students and staff with just about any questions they may have when dealing with Canvas, Zoom, and other Technology.
- Taking advantage of the Business Tutoring Center
- Logging into and creating your Zoom Pro account through the University
- Every student at the University of Utah now has access to their own Zoom Pro account. The upgrade from Basic to Pro allows each student to host a meeting with up to 100 participants and a meeting time limit of 24 hours.
A Premier Education Experience
In addition to a world-class education, the Eccles School provides a premier experience that includes a dedicated academic advisor, career coaches, internship opportunities, free tutoring, and more! Visit Eccles.link/support for more information.
About the Author
Anna Terry is a Marketing and Information Systems student at the David Eccles School of Business. She currently serves as an intern for the Marketing + Communications team.