The world of business can be a spooky place. If you are unfamiliar in the world of business here are some alarmingly spooky facts about business and the workplace, specifically for small businesses.
- More than 50 percent (120 million people) of the working population are working for small businesses* (Forbes)
- 52 percent of these small businesses are based out of people’s homes (Forbes)
- The fastest growing freelance industries in 2011 included auto repair, beauty salons, and dry cleaners (Forbes)
*Small businesses are defined as a company having less than 500 employees.
Information and statistics of small businesses were retrieved from this Forbes article.
October is a month centered around fall and Halloween. The amount of money and business that Halloween drives is insane. Here are some spooky spending costs of Americans during Halloween.
- $2.7 billion will be spent on candy alone (Forbes)
- $2.7 billion will be spent on decorations for Halloween, which is almost $40 per person (Forbes)
- Halloween costumes for adults, children and most importantly pets totaled $3.4 billion. Men spent $96 and women spent $77 on their costumes (Forbes)
- Pumpkins are estimated to total $575 million in revenue this season (Finder)
- In total for the 2018 Halloween season, it’s estimated to bring in $9 billion (Finder)
Wishing you all a wonderful and safe spooky season. Be safe!