Do you know an academic advisor who has made a positive impact on the lives of their students?
Nominations are now being accepted from students, staff and faculty for the 2016 University Academic Advising Committee’s Outstanding Advisor Award (more than 3 years of advising experience) and the Outstanding New Advisor Award (3 or fewer years of advising experience).
The deadline to nominate is Feb. 5. Click here to nominate an advisor who has demonstrated qualities associated with outstanding advising of students such as:
- Approaches advising as teaching
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Available to advisees
- Reaches out and supports underserved populations
- Makes appropriate referrals
- Uses and disseminates appropriate information sources
- Caring, helpful attitude toward advisees, faculty, and staff
- Works with students outside of office in formal University-related activities
- Monitors advisee progress toward academic and career goals
- Mastery of institutional regulations, policies, and procedures
- Participates in and supports advisor development programs
- Proactive; builds relationships with advisees and follows up
- Practices developmental advising
Additional questions can be sent to Bobbi Davis (Bobbi.Davis@utah.edu) or Shawn Adrian (Shawn.Adrian@utah.edu).