What exactly is BLinc? Simply put, Business Leaders Incorporated (BLinc) acts as the student government for the David Eccles School of Business. BLinc strives to promote student engagement by working to connect faculty, students, alumni and other community members. One of the ways BLinc achieves this goal is by promoting and assisting the student clubs and organizations at the Eccles School. There are four principal services that BLinc provides to student organizations:
- The first service is financing resources. Financing resources and services provided include: questions on budgets, knowledge of guidelines and legal regulations, and club funding.
- Second, BLinc offers organizations marketing assistance that can range from logo or graphic creation to banner printing.
- Third, BLinc can provide information technology help, specifically with Orgsync.
- Lastly, BLinc helps in facilitating club events and event planning. All these resources and their respective BLinc representatives can be found on the Business Leaders Incorporated website under “Student Leader Resources.”
Also found on the BLinc website is an event calendar. As an ambassador of the David Eccles School of Business, BLinc hosts a variety of events to bring students, faculty and alumni together. Here are some of BLinc’s upcoming events:
- Scheduled for Friday, August 24 at 1 p.m., club leadership training will provide guidance to student leaders of clubs and organizations at the Eccles School. Topics will include information on how to use Orgsync, how to receive funding from BLinc and/or ASUU, marketing resources and more. Lunch will be provided. Please RSVP at Eccles.Link/Club-Training if you are a student leader or advisor interested in attending and learning more about how to access BLinc’s resources.
- Next up is Party on the Plaza, which will be on Sept. 11 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the East Plaza of the David Eccles School of Business. This event is a way for students to meet clubs and organizations and get involved at the Eccles School. There will be games, music, and prizes. There will also be major and minor departments present to help answer student questions. If you or your organization are interested in tabling at Party on the Plaza, please RSVP at Eccles.Link/Plaza.
Finally, members of the BLinc board host weekly office hours Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the BLinc office (SFEBB 5121). This is a great way for students to stop by to ask any questions they might have and find additional information about the Eccles School. BLinc members are happy to connect students to all of the resources available at the David Eccles School of Business. To find these office hours and the complete BLinc board, please refer to the BLinc website.