Editor’s note: Eccles Ambassador, Michelle Van Bui gives students advice about how to survive during finals at the David Eccles School of Business at The University of Utah.
- Business Tutoring Center: The David Eccles School of Business offers tutoring for all business students! Through developing critical thinking skills and effective study habits, the Tutoring Center strives to help students achieve their goals through a collaborative learning environment and well-trained tutors! You can find the Tutoring Center on the main floor of SFEBB.
- Study Rooms: This is the lifeline of finals week! You can reserve a room for your study group to have a quiet area to go over notes and discuss ideas. You can also use the room for a private study session by yourself to really focus! To reserve a room email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-7676 or stop by the front desk of the Spencer Fox Eccles Business Building!
- Café Madsen: There’s nothing quite like the finals munchies! Café Madsen is the perfect place to stop by for a snack after hours of hardcore studying! From coffee and tea to sandwiches and breakfast burritos, this is a one-stop place to satisfy your hunger! The hours are Monday-Thursday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Friday 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Basement: One word: COMPUTERS. For Mac users, Microsoft is not usually cooperative at times, especially Excel. Don’t fret, the computers in the basement are free to use! The login is the exact same for CIS. There are also printers and scanners in the basement that are accessible with your student ID!
- Undergrad Lounge: During finals, the lounge is always popping. It’s pretty rare to find an empty table in the lounge during the last two weeks of the semester. Many students use it as a place to unwind, some taking full advantage of the couches and getting in a little nap! Regardless of what your purpose there is, the undergrad lounge is always a prime place during finals!