Disclaimer: this blog is a great way to distract you from what you really should be doing — prepping for finals. Around this time of year students should really be studying, but the seemingly long time until the final actually takes place causes a lot of us to wind up in the library socializing or doing useless things on our phones or laptops. In case your Instagram feed isn’t updating fast enough, here is a fun article with some random, yet interesting business facts to spice up your last few final-free days.
- Starbucks uses round tables specifically so customers won’t feel alone. The lack of edges makes it seem less like people are missing.
- Marvel Comics once owned the rights to the word “zombie.”
- The Coca-Cola logo can be recognized by 94 percent of the world’s population.
- Burt’s Bees is owned by The Clorox Company, as in Clorox bleach.
- On average the most productive day of the workweek is Tuesday.
- Starbucks spends more on health insurance for its employees than it spends on coffee beans.
- Victoria’s Secret has the most followers of any retailer on Instagram.
- In advertisements for the iPhone, the time is always shown to be 9:42 or 9:41 a.m. because events start at 9 a.m. at Apple, and the reveals tend to happen about 40 minutes after getting started.
- More than 80 million mouse ears have been purchased at Disney theme parks worldwide.
- Ben & Jerry’s was initially going to be a bagel company.
Hopefully this conglomerate of random business facts gave you the motivation to finish studying for the finals you have next week. You can do it!