Communication excellence is an essential leadership tool. As a leader ascends in their organization, they are required to speak in public more often as they shape the organization’s mission, vision, and values. Become a more persuasive and confident speaker who creates a powerful, emotional audience connection.
Women’s Leadership: Mastering Public Speaking
20 – 21 August 2020
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Public speaking is an opportunity and platform from which leaders are able to express their emotional intelligence and it becomes a strategic position from which a leader can craft their own leadership narrative, as well as that of their organization. Learn how to examine your audience, implement rhetorical strategies, and deliver your message with effectiveness and confidence.
In this program, you will:
- Assess your strengths and areas of development as a public speaker.
- Examine your audience before crafting a speech.
- Be more persuasive/confident with different audiences (hostile, diverse, etc.).
- Implement rhetorical strategies that will create a powerful, emotional audience connection: storytelling, metaphors, rhetorical questions, repetition.
- Frame your speech with an effective organizational structure.
- Craft a persuasive introduction and conclusion.
- Develop and achieve a mindful, kinesthetic delivery.
Eccles Executive Education is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRMSCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for 13 PDCs. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit SHRMCertification.org.
Dr. Kathryn A. Cañas is a member of the Management Department in the David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah. Her teaching currently includes courses on managing diversity, business communication, and pedagogical theories and practices on both undergraduate and graduate levels.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.