Learn how to cultivate a growth mindset organization that encourages candor, frequent feedback, appropriate risk-taking, and intelligent failure.
Leveraging Psychological Safety to Create a Growth-Mindset Organization – Online
One distinguishing factor of high performing teams and organizations is psychological safety. Research by Harvard’s Amy Edmondson shows that when employees feel safe to voice an opinion, disagree, ask a question, take a risk, or admit a mistake, without fear of retribution or embarrassment, productivity increases, creativity thrives, and employee investment soars.
Creating such a workplace that feels safe for candor and even failure necessitates leading with what Stanford psychologist, Carol Dweck, calls a growth mindset. In this course, leaders will learn how to cultivate a growth-mindset organization that encourages candor, frequent feedback, appropriate risk-taking, and intelligent failure.
After assessing the current climate of psychological safety in your team or organization, you will determine areas for improvement and learn proven practices that will promote psychologically safe conversations in which employees can more aptly speak up, receive feedback, and develop their skills, and abilities to a greater potential.
Leading with Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Certificate – Online
This course is a part of the Leading with Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Certificate.
This online certificate has been designed to challenge you and help you grow as a leader and individual. Understand the essentials to foster diversity and inclusion, which will lead to better business outcomes, innovation, and increased efficiency.
How It Works
100% online, led by instructor
On-demand access, 12 weeks to complete
5-6 hours of content & interactive learning assignments
- Creating a psychologically safety environment
- Creating a workplace that leads with a growth mindset
- Encouraging candor, frequent feedback, appropriate risk-taking, and intelligent failure
- Practices for creating psychologically safe conversations
Who should attend:
- Leaders who want to create a more psychologically safe environment in their organization
- Employees who want to improve their growth mindset
Return on education:
- Employer benefits:
- Learn practices for having psychologically safe conversations with your coworkers and employer
- Cultivate a growth-mindset organization that encourages candor, frequent feedback, appropriate risk-taking, and intelligent failure
- Employee benefits:
- Create a psychologically safe environment for your employees
- Promote growth mindset among your employees so they will aptly speak up, receive feedback, and develop their skills and abilities to a greater potential
Eccles Executive Education is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRMSCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for 6 PDCs. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
You will receive course materials and gain access to the learning environment within one business day of registration and payment. Once you start the course, you will have 12 weeks to complete it.
Dr. Jennifer Cummings
Dr. Jennifer Cummings is an Associate Professor (Lecturer) in the Management Department at the David Eccles School of Business and a Visiting Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication at the University of Utah.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.