Finance for the Non-Financial Leader
Harness the power of financial data to make better decisions for your organization. Designed for the non-financial leader, this program provides foundational principles in accounting and finance and teaches how to effectively use financial information to make a meaningful impact.
March 26, 2021
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
September 17, 2021
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
This will be a blended online course. It will include pre-recorded lecture and live webinars.
Understanding financial fundamentals is essential to direct your company in strategic decisions. This knowledge allows you to make better use of your information and become a strategic contributor to your organization. Understanding how finance works within your organization allows leaders to use this knowledge to more efficiently drive the success of their business.
This course provides leaders and decision-makers, who do not have a strong background in finance, an understanding of how money works within their organization and how to implement strategies in decision-making processes to drive business results and a competitive financial performance. It emphasizes practical application of accounting principles, and it provides a framework of interpreting and leveraging information in a variety of business settings.
Topics Covered Include:
- Financial statements
- Present value techniques and applications
- Evaluating projects
- Assessing earnings quality
- Cost accounting and managerial accounting
- Financing, leverage, and options
- Strategy and oversight
Return on Education:
- Employer Benefits
- Communicate financial goals and performance more effectively
- Evaluate the performance of your company
- Anticipate what financial statements should look like given the company’s business model
- Determine how your goals and performance are measuring up over time and against competitors
- Employee Benefits
- Analyze the performance metrics by which you are being measured and why they matter
- Enhance your skills to use accounting concepts and strategies in your company’s decision-making processes
- Gain confidence and become a better communicator among peers and senior management
Who Should Attend:
- Executives who contribute to decisions with financial implications
- Managers with profit-and-loss responsibility in non-financial areas
- Entrepreneurs and small business owners without a financial background
- Individuals looking to move up into senior positions
Eccles Executive Education is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRMSCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for 11 PDCs. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
JB Henriksen is a principal in the firm Advanced CFO Solutions. He currently serves as the Acting CFO for several high growth companies in the software, wholesale, and medical space. JB is an active member of the Salt Lake City Angels and is active in the Utah entrepreneurial community mentoring many growing businesses. JB earned a BS in Accounting and an MBA from the University of Utah’s David Eccles School of Business.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.