This online course is designed for leaders and decision-makers who do not have a strong background in finance. This approach will give you an understanding of how money works within organizations, how to implement strategies in decision-making processes to drive business results, and how to achieve competitive financial performance. This course emphasizes the practical application of accounting principles and provides a framework for interpreting and leveraging information in a variety of business settings.
Finance for the Non-Financial Leader – Online
How It Works
100% online, led by instructor
On-demand access, 10 weeks to complete
Flexible format – access course at any time
- Financial statements
- Present value techniques and applications
- Evaluating projects
- Assessing earnings quality
- Cost accounting and managerial accounting
- Financing, leverage, and options
- Strategy and oversight
- Executives who contribute to decisions with financial implications
- Managers with profit-and-loss responsibility in non-financial areas
- Entrepreneurs and small business owners without a financial background
- Individuals looking to move up into senior positions
Return on education:
- Employer benefits:
- Communicate financial goals and performance more effectively
- Evaluate the performance of your company
- Anticipate what financial statements should look like given the company’s business model
- Determine how your goals and performance are measuring up over time and against competitors
- Employee benefits:
Analyze the performance metrics by which you are being measured and why they matter
Use accounting concepts and strategies in your company’s decision-making processes
Gain confidence and become a better communicator among peers and senior management
Eccles Executive Education is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRMSCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for 13 PDCs. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Course available on-demand beginning July 1, 2020. You will receive course materials and gain access to the learning environment within one business day of registration and payment. Once you start the course, you will have 10 weeks to complete it.
JB Henriksen, CPA, MBA
JB Henriksen is a Principal in the firm Advanced CFO Solutions. He currently serves as the acting CFO for several high growth companies in the software, wholesale, and medical spaces. JB is active in Utah’s entrepreneurial community and mentors many growing businesses. He is a member of the Salt Lake City Angels, a group of accredited investors. JB earned a B.S. in accounting and an MBA from the University of Utah’s David Eccles School of Business.