Coined by James Womack and Daniel Jones in the 1980s from their in-depth study of the Toyota Production System, Lean seeks to maximize customer value while minimizing waste. However, more than implementing best practices, creating a Lean Enterprise requires a paradigm shift in the way we think about and manage operations.
During this certificate course, participants will shift their focus from managing separate processes, technologies, departments, and assets to optimizing the flow of materials, products, or services and information through the entire value stream.
Eliminating waste from a value stream rather than at isolated points increases the speed of delivery, improves quality, reduces costs, and enables an organization to be agile in its reaction to customer and market changes.
Facilitated by a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt, this course will teach participants how to lead a Lean Transformation for an individual value stream through video instruction, case studies, personal mentorship, and a live project
This course is a pre-requisite for Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
Value Stream Mapping
- The Current-State Map
- What Makes a Value-Stream Lean?
- The Future-State Map
- Creating Continuous Flow
- Creating a Level Pull System
- Making Materials Flow
Zero Quality Control
- Inspection Systems
- Zero Quality Control Systems
- Using Poka-Yoke (Mistake Proof) Systems
The A3 Problem-Solving Methodology
- The A3 Methodology
- Completing an A3
- Implementing the A3 Process
100% online, led by instructor
On-demand access, 12 weeks to complete
Expected workload of 5 hours per week
Register now, spots fill up fast.
Who Would Benefit:
Middle- to senior-level managers who want to improve their strategic thinking, decision making, and problem-solving skills and deliver results.
Benefits to Employers
- Become the standard of excellence in your industry
- Improve systematic problems within the organization
- Create a culture of critical analytical thinking
- Increase speed of delivery, improve quality, and reduce costs
- Improve strategic leadership thinking
- Instill a mindset of continuous improvement
- Improve an individual value stream through a live project
Benefits to Employees
- Learn how to solve systematic problems
- Develop strategic thinking skills
- Reduce organizational costs
- Improve ability to lead people, processes, and information
- Gain experience in improving an individual value stream through a live project
Eccles Executive Education is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP professional development credits (PDCs). This class is valid for 40 PDCs. For more information, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Robert Valentino is a certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Founder of Lean Coach®. He has established a solid track record as a trusted advisor and industry expert in applying Lean, Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints, and Scrum methodologies to help organizations and leaders at all levels successfully resolve real-world scenarios. Through coaching and facilitation, Robert has professionally developed leaders across a variety of industries.
Looking for more information?