Effective Teams and Healthy Conflict
Research has revealed the more and less effective communication practices for effective teamwork. Learn about them and reach personal and organizational goals while becoming the leader you want to be.
18 September 2020
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
This will be a blended online course. It will include pre-recorded lecture and live webinars.
Working in teams can promote efficiency, creativity, diversity, critical thinking, synergy, and rewarding workplace relationships, but it can also leave team members feeling frustrated, alienated, voiceless, and confused. While no one formula can guarantee team success, this program will examine research that reveals better and worse practices for effective communication among teams and organizations. You will also examine your conflict style and learn strategies for managing team conflict constructively.
In this program, you will:
- Identify potential challenges faced in teams and strategies to address them.
- Develop methods to help teams tap into the full measure of their resources.
- Realize the effects of conflict and collaboration on team success and individual satisfaction.
- Discover how to promote an organizational climate of open and ongoing feedback.
- Practice multiple techniques of giving feedback, with attention to context, role relationship, and personality style.
Eccles Executive Education is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRMSCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for 13 PDCs. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit SHRMCertification.org.
Dr. Jennifer Cummings is an Associate Professor (Lecturer) in the Management Department at the David Eccles School of Business and a Visiting Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication at the University of Utah.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.