Designed for business leaders, BioVentures is a detailed guide to the complex life science product development process, from conception to commercialization.
Learn how to navigate the world of life science industry product development in this rigorous program. Through a blend of lecture-based learning and interactive case discussions, you will develop a deeper understanding of clinical problems, solution creation, and early-stage product development in the context of regulatory and stakeholder requirements. Explore business opportunities as you gain competency in a wide range of key issues, including the methodology of strategic clinical problem-solving and core elements of early product development. You’ll also learn to identify, assess, and address ethical issues associated with innovating clinical technologies.
The two parts of the course can be taken separately or progressively as a comprehensive course.
In this program, you will:
- Learn about the stages and key issues in early product development, including needs finding, ethnographic research, regulatory requirements, prototype design, concept generation and refinement, market opportunity, and segmentation analysis.
- Experience a unique clinical shadowing opportunity and conduct a clinical observation under the guidance of a clinician from the University of Utah.
- Study disease-state fundamentals and treatment landscapes.
- Learn about the challenges associated with the clinical introduction of new medical technologies, including issues with market analysis and business plan development.
- Discuss financial topics including market analysis, financial modeling, and health care reimbursement.
- Study intellectual property fundamentals, design processes, and prototype development.
- Understand regulatory fundamentals, hazard analysis, and risk management.
- Learn about bench testing, animal studies, clinical trials, ethics, and usability testing.
BioVentures: Early Stage: available upon request as a custom program
BioVentures: Late Stage: available upon request as a custom program
*Contact the Executive Education team at (801) 867 – 7273 for more information.
Dr. John Langell, MD, PhD, MPH, MBA is the Executive Director of the Center for Medical innovation and a minimally invasive gastrointestinal and endocrine surgeon at the University of Utah and Chief of General Surgery at the George E. Wahlen VA medical Center. Doctor Langell completed hs surgical training at Stanford University Medical Center and completed advanced training in Space and Aerospace Medicine with NASA at the Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.