The Student Handbook is the official document of policies, procedures, and resources of the University of Utah David Eccles School of Business Master of Accounting (MAcc).


For information on program degree requirements and academic tracks, visit: https://eccles.utah.edu/programs/master-of-accounting/academics/.

Financial Support

  • Scholarships
  • Teaching/Graduate Assistant Opportunities: A limited number of graduate and teaching assistantships are available each semester. Graduate assistantship openings will be advertised to all students via email, and those interested will need to apply for the position. Students are paid an hourly rate for a set number of hours per week and also receive a scholarship of up to $2,500 applied to their tuition bill. Professors choose their teaching assistants (TAs). If interested in a teaching assistantship, you should speak directly with your professors about TA opportunities. Student TAs are paid an hourly rate for a set number of hours per week.

Your safety is our top priority. In an emergency, dial 911 or seek a nearby emergency phone (throughout campus). Report any crimes or suspicious people to 801-585-COPS; this number will get you to a dispatch officer at the University of Utah Department of Public Safety (DPS). If at any time, you would like to be escorted by a security officer to or from areas on campus, DPS will help — just give us a call. The University of Utah seeks to provide a safe and healthy experience for students, employees, and others who make use of campus facilities. In support of this goal, the University has established confidential resources and support services to assist students who may have been affected by harassment, abusive relationships, or sexual misconduct. A detailed listing of University Resources for campus safety can be found here. Your well-being is key to your personal safety. If you are in crisis, call 801-587-3000; help is close. The university has additional excellent resources to promote emotional and physical wellness, including the Counseling Center, the Wellness Center, and the Women’s Resource Center. Counselors and advocates in these centers can help guide you to other resources to address a range of issues, including substance abuse and addiction.

The Campus Alert system is the University of Utah’s mass notification system to provide information to students, faculty, and staff of emergencies (e.g., snow closures, blocked roads, power outages, gas leaks, etc.). The Campus Alert System notifies students via email, text message, or telephone voice message. Students must opt into this alert system to receive campus alert messages. To register for campus alerts, go to http://www.campusalert.utah.edu/.

The Center for Disability & Access is dedicated to students with disabilities by providing the opportunity for success and equal access at the University of Utah.  We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations as outlined by Federal and State law.  We also strive to create an inclusive, safe and respectful environment.  By promoting awareness, knowledge, and equity, we aspire to impact positive change within individuals and the campus community. The Center for Disability & Access is the designated office at the University of Utah which evaluates disability documentation, determines eligibility, and implements reasonable accommodations for enrolled students as guided by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and University policy. Access the CDA Online Portal to complete New Student Intake Forms or Accommodation Request Forms (for existing CDA students).

SHC is not a Workman’s Compensation, Medicaid, Medicare, BlueCross or ValueCare contracted provider. The clinic is not a participating provider for any insurance plan other than the current U of U Student Health Insurance Plan. SHC is not part of the University Hospital and Clinics Healthcare system. Ask your insurance carrier if services at the Student Health Center will be covered prior to making an appointment. As a courtesy, we will bill some insurance companies if a current insurance enrollment card is presented at the time of service. If using another insurance plan, payment for charges incurred at SHC will be paid directly to the primary insured person, not to SHC. All charges are the responsibility of the student and should be paid at each visit. Remember to bring your current insurance identification card and all subscriber information necessary to bill your insurance company. Auto accident injuries cannot be treated at the Student Health Center. You should go to an emergency room for treatment. SHC will not file insurance claims related to auto accident injuries.

As students of the University of Utah, you are afforded rights and are accountable to act in a way that is in keeping with specific expectations. All of the details of your rights and expectations are outlined in the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities, Regulations Library Policy 6-400, also known as the “Student Code”. The purposes of the Student Code are to set forth the specific authority and responsibility of the University to maintain social discipline, to establish guidelines that facilitate a just and civil campus community, and to outline the educational process for determining student and student organization responsibility for alleged violations of University regulations. University policies have been designed to protect individuals and the campus community and create an environment conducive to achieving the academic mission of the institution.

Office of Equal Opportunity

A student whose cumulative GPA falls below a 3.0 from good standing shall be placed on Academic Probation. Each individual on Academic Probation will be contacted by their academic advisor, through their university email account, regarding further instructions.