Long-Term Professional Development and Advancement
Our goal is to help you continue to increase the return on investment for yourself, your employer and/or business you own.
We partner with you to develop goals and a plan to address your current needs and opportunities important to you. Whether you want to leverage internal opportunities for role change and growth, plan future strategic moves or start a business, we can guide you to appropriate resources.
- Assessment, goal setting, short-term planning
- Personal branding, messaging, marketing materials development
- Making the sale and closing the deal
- Networking and other career advancement opportunities
- Pre-graduation planning leveraging employer, community resources
- Post-graduation support from Alumni Career Services
- Build or enhance and demonstrate executive, leadership and management behaviors and results, with review of 360 survey and performance management feedback and other assessments.
- Develop goals and a plan for the next phase of your career.
- Receive support in dealing with challenging relationship, business and professional situations.
- Learn how to better motivate, coach and develop your managers and staff.
- Expand the scope of your role through new strategies, leadership opportunities and initiatives.
- Discuss entrepreneurial goals, and receive support for accessing University and community resources.
- Develop your brand, enhance your marketing tools, build relationships
- Prepare for internal change – higher seniority levels, new divisions, new functional roles, or a broader scope
- Prepare for external change – new industry and/or employer, position or role
- Career change and job search process in its entirety
Susan Marks is the head of the Career Advancement Center. She joined the Executive Education team in 2012 after having worked for the 2 largest global talent management companies and in the financial services sector.
At the University of Utah, Susan launched — and with her team continues to develop — the Career Advancement Center, the modular online Advancing Your Career course, and resources for PMBA, MBAO and EMBA students and alumni.
She continues to coach executives, leaders, middle managers, professionals and students in diverse industries to develop goals and plans to achieve what they set out to during and after their MBA programs.
She has previously supported many executives, middle managers and professionals at Fortune 500 companies in executive coaching (leadership and professional development) and career transition engagements.
Susan was the Director of Worldwide Automation at American Express in its only global division at the time. She developed a program and a product management team for technology acquisition, development and deployment to support and drive revenue and cost savings through its global distributor network. She also led product management and project office teams for banks acquired by Bank of America in New York and JPMorgan Chase in Chicago.
Susan has a Master’s of Arts and Bachelor’s of Arts from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
Eva Zellman is an Executive Coach and organizational psychologist with more than 10 years of experience in career and executive coaching; outplacement and job search support; and assessment and development with executives, senior managers and professionals from diverse backgrounds and industries. She joined the Executive Education team in 2015.
Eva previously worked for organizational development consultancies in Australia and New Zealand, providing services to large international corporations, small- and medium-sized businesses, as well as not-for-profit and government organizations.
She worked for a boutique consultancy in Perth as an executive coach while also managing the assessment team providing psychometric assessments and assessment and development centers.
Prior to that, Eva managed the outplacement/career transition services team managing small- and large-scale downsizing projects, and coached executives and senior managers in career and job search. In addition, Eva has worked for a large American talent management consultancy.
With Master’s of Science and Bachelor’s of Science degrees in Psychology from University of Canterbury in New Zealand, Eva has also worked as a lecturer and social science researcher.
Get in touch.
Have questions? We’d love to answer them.