Dear Utah Communities,
Thank you for your participation in the Utah HERO Project. We are grateful for the time you spent completing surveys and attending our mobile testing sessions. At this time, we have concluded this portion of the project. Should you have questions on this portion of the project, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in findings from this portion of the HERO project, please visit our Resource and Media page for reports and updates.
How you can help
Your participation in this project helps the state of Utah get back to social and economic activities faster and safer and is a great public service to our community.
Randomly selected households will receive letters in the mail with a link to complete a web survey. Please take a minute to complete the web survey. Once the survey is complete, visit the link to sign up for an appointment at one of our mobile testing centers.
- Households are randomly selected to participate in an interview questionnaire and COVID-19 viral saliva test and antibody testing
- Any member of your household age 12 months or older can participate once your household is selected. Individuals 12 months to 12 years of age are eligible to participate in the antibody test via a finger stick. Individuals over the age of 12 years are invited to participate in the antibody test through a venous blood draw. All household members may participate in the viral saliva test.
All project participants will receive a $30 gift card for their time and participation.
- Letters will be mailed to randomly selected households containing an individualized link to complete a survey. Please do not share the link with anyone outside your household
- Once you and the individuals in your household have completed your survey, you can sign up for a time at one of our mobile testing centers.
- Arrive at your designated appointment time, and one of our HERO team members will check you in. You will be directed to an area to complete the antibody test (venous blood draw for those over the age of 12 and a finger prick for those individuals 12 months to 12 years of age).
- Individuals will also have an opportunity to complete a saliva test. Please remember to not eat or drink at least 30 minutes prior to your appointment time. Food, drink, and even mouthwash can sometimes make results invalid.
- Results will be mailed to recipients in 8-10 business days. Those who test positive for an active SARS-CoV-2 infection will be contacted within 48 hours of the test result becoming available.
- Before leaving the mobile testing site, individuals who participated in the test will receive a $30 gift card to select online vendors or a local grocery store.