The Utah COVID-19 project will provide rapid information to decision-makers regarding COVID-19, or coronavirus, infection rates. The goal is to help Utah’s citizens and economy return to normal in a safe and informed way.
Staffed by the Hope Corps.
Stopping the spread of COVID-19 and reengaging in social and economic life requires transitioning from social distancing to a testing system that provides accurate information. This project will help identify:
- The current rate of infection in Utah and changes in infection rates including undetected and asymptomatic cases
- Range of symptoms for individuals with COVID-19
- Improvements in detection rates
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and a project team member will respond to your request.
See what we have learned so far in this webinar, where our team shares preliminary results:
How you can help
Your participation in this project helps the state of Utah get back to social and economic activities faster and safer and is a great public service to our community.
Our friendly field team members will be knocking on doors in your neighborhood to introduce the project and screen household members for eligibility while adhering to current social distancing and hygiene recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and local health agencies.
- Households are randomly selected to participate in an interview questionnaire and COVID-19 antibody testing
- Any member of your household age 12 or older can participate once your household is selected
All project participants will receive a $10 gift card for their time and participation.
- If our field team member has determined you and/or your household members are eligible for the project, they will conduct the interview and then schedule a time for testing that same day.
- The University of Utah Health mobile testing teams will be in your neighborhood and project participants will be assigned a time for a quick blood draw and nasal swab. Results will be mailed to recipients in 7-10 business days. Those who test positive for an active SARS-CoV-2 infection will be contacted within 24 hours of the test result becoming available.