MSIS Online Core Courses – 18 Credit Hours
- IS 6410 Systems Analysis & Design (3)
- IS 6420 Database Theory & Design (3)
- IS 6570 IT Security (3)
- IS 6596 Capstone Project (3 credits, taken over 2-3 semesters)
- IS 6615 Data Structures & Java (3)
- IS 6640 Networking & Servers (3)
Students who are new to information systems will benefit from gaining an introductory background to IS before starting the program.
*There are many free and inexpensive courses that will meet this need. This Free online CLEP Information Systems course offered by Modern States Education Alliance is one option.
MSIS Online Electives – 12 Credit Hours
- IS 6465 Web Based Applications (3)
- IS 6480 Data Warehousing (3)
- IS 6481 Business Intelligence & Analytics (3)
- IS 6482 Introduction to Data Mining (3)
- IS 6491 Data Visualization (1.5)
- IS 6493 Data Science & Big Data (3)
- IS 6641 Cloud Computing (3)
- OIS 6040 Data Analysis and Decision Making I (1.5)
- OIS 6041 Data Analysis and Decision Making II (1.5)
- OIS 6660 Project Management (3)
- MSIS Online students are eligible to take on-campus classes – see a full list of MSIS electives here. Students can work with their academic advisor to determine which electives best meet their goals and scheduling needs.
- MSIS Online students are also eligible to take online courses offered through other departments in the Eccles School. Students can work with their academic advisor to determine registration availability.
- New MSIS Online elective courses will be added each year.