MSIS Core Courses – 18 Credit Hours
- IS 6410 Systems Analysis and Design (3)
- IS 6420 Database Theory and Design (3)
- IS 6570 IT Security (3)
- IS 6596 Capstone Project (3 credits, taken over 3 semesters)
- IS 6615 Data Structures and Java (3)
- IS 6640 Networking and Servers (3)
- Corequisite: IS 4410 Introduction to Information Systems (3)
- (Required during your first semester for students without an IS undergraduate degree)
MSIS Online Electives – 12 Credit Hours
- IS 6480 Data Warehousing (3)
- IS 6481 Business Intelligence & Analytics (3)
- IS 6482 Introduction to Data Mining (3)
- OIS 6040 Data Analysis and Decision Making I (1.5)
- OIS 6041 Data Analysis and Decision Making II (1.5)
- OIS 6610 Analytical Decision Models I (1.5)
- OIS 6611 Analytical Decision Models II (1.5)
- OIS 6660 Project Management (3)
- MSIS Online students are eligible to take on-campus classes – see a full list of MSIS electives here. Students can work with their academic advisor to determine which electives best meet their goals and scheduling needs.
- MSIS Online students are also eligible to take online courses offered through other departments in the Eccles School. Students can work with their academic advisor to determine registration availability.
- New MSIS Online elective courses will be added each year.