Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
Each academic year, high-achieving business students are awarded the renewable Eccles School Undergraduate Merit Scholarship. This scholarship is automatically applied to your tuition based on your GPA. See table below.
|U of U Cumulative GPA||Scholarship Amount (Total)*|
|3.9 – 4.0||$8,000|
|3.8 – 3.899||$6,000|
|3.7 – 3.799||$4,000|
|3.6 – 3.699||$2,000|
*Your award will disburse to your student tuition account in two equal payments:
half of the total amount applied in Fall, and the other half applied in Spring after all previous awards have been applied.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The scholarship committee will check your final cumulative GPA standing in May at the end of Spring Semester to verify your eligibility or adjust your award total according to these scholarship levels.
The renewable Eccles School Undergraduate Merit Scholarship is nonrefundable/nontransferable, and will be administered through the University of Utah Financial Aid & Scholarship offices. These scholarship funds will be applied to your University of Utah tuition and tuition differential costs only. Your award will disburse to your student tuition account in two equal payments: half of the total amount applied in Fall, and the other half applied in Spring after all previous awards have been applied.
Your renewable Undergraduate Merit Scholarship award status will be available by mid-March at utah.academicworks.com. You must accept your offer before the Fall semester drop date to receive funding. Your scholarship funds for the academic year will populate in your CIS financial aid panel by the start of Fall semester.
Students previously awarded merit scholarships through the David Eccles School of Business will have their award offerings compared and be awarded the higher of the two for the upcoming academic year. The two scholarships cannot be combined.
Yes, this scholarship is stackable with other scholarships. However, this scholarship cannot be combined with any previously awarded Eccles School merit scholarship or University of Utah full tuition or WUE scholarships awarded to a student. Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
Your renewable Eccles School Undergraduate Merit Scholarship for the 2021-2022 academic year is also contingent upon the following terms and conditions.
- Must register as a full-time undergraduate student for both Fall and Spring semester (register and complete a minimum 12 credit hours per semester).
- This is a minimum requirement. We recommend that recipients take 15 credit hours per semester to be on track to graduate in four years and maximize scholarship availability.
- Must maintain a minimum 3.6+ cumulative University of Utah GPA, which will be confirmed once per year in May after spring grades post.
- Must be a declared Pre Business or Business major.
- Must actively pursue a Business undergraduate degree at the University of Utah.
- Must have earned a passing grade (C- or better, including CR) in BCOR 2030 for Pre Business or OIS 2340 for Business Administration students. QAMO majors are exempt from this requirement.
- This scholarship cannot be combined with any full tuition or WUE scholarships awarded to a student.
- This scholarship will support up to 6 semesters (Fall and Spring only) or until graduation, whichever occurs first.
- This scholarship cannot be applied towards Summer semester.
- This scholarship cannot be applied to fees, housing, books, travel, insurance, or graduate level coursework.
- Students previously awarded merit scholarships* through the David Eccles School of Business will have their award offerings compared and be awarded the higher of the two for the upcoming academic year. The two scholarships cannot be combined.
- Graduating seniors may receive this scholarship at less than full-time status for their final year, in which the total scholarship amount will be prorated for the final semester. Students must contact us at email@example.com to make this exception.
- DACA students are eligible to receive funding.
- Donor Appreciation: The renewable Eccles School Undergraduate Merit Scholarship is funded through donor and program funds. You will be notified if your scholarship has been funded through the generous support of our prestigious donors. In this instance, you will be required to compose a letter of thanks and sincere acknowledgment to the donor(s) of your scholarship funds and required to attend the Eccles School Fall Scholarship Luncheon.
*Recipients cannot pre-select their award level each year; rather, the amount awarded will be determined by the scholarship committee for the duration of their eligibility.