2021 Inclusion & Business Strategy Case Competition
Friday, Feb. 5, 2021 | 12:30 – 3 p.m. MST
The Inclusion & Business Strategy Case Competition rounds out Eccles Inclusion Week. Watch as competing student teams solve a real, complex business challenge brought to us by the Wild Utah Project.
Network and Celebrate our Winners!
After the presentations, join participants in Remo’s innovative online meetup space where we will celebrate the winners.
Support and cheer on your fellow students! Register below and watch virtually!
View the schedule for the competition, including presentations and networking event.
View the 2021 Business Case with Wild Utah’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Initiative
*Prize money is per team
Team Registration Info
Each team will elect a team captain who will be responsible for registering the team and disseminating information. The team captain will register ALL team members with their names, UID’s, and email addresses. Only one registration form per team. If students do not have a completed team, they will be waitlisted and added to other teams as available. All teams must register by Dec.18, 2020.
- Team composition: Teams must have at least 3, but no more than 5 participants. No team can have more than two participants at the senior level, and each team must include a freshman or sophomore.
- Don’t have a team? You can still participate. Please email Michelle Conley at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be assigned to other teams as available.
- As this event caps off our Eccles School Inclusion Week, students are encouraged to consider multiple perspectives and identities to consider include gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, sexual expression, disability, national origin. Please be prepared to briefly share how your team is including different identities when you register.
- Competition Prep: A kick-off/prep session will be held on Jan. 21, 2021. At least one member from each team must attend this event.
- Format: You have the option to present your case in person in Child Hall, or virtually through Zoom.
- Case announcement: The case will be announced to participating teams on Jan. 11, 2021.
- Corporate partners will be invited to view the event through a livestream, and all participants’ resumes will be provided to them. A virtual networking activity for employers and competitors will take place before the judges announce the winning teams.
- Presentation guidelines:
- Presentations cannot exceed 12 minutes, and will be followed by 3 minutes for questions from the judges.
- All team presentations must be emailed to email@example.com by midnight on Feb. 2, 2021.
- Each team must provide copies of their consulting packet for the judges; you will receive more information about the format of these. Packets should include your slide deck and a team roster including each team member’s names, year, and major. You may include other information or supporting documentation.