- The Eccles School provides merit and need-based scholarship opportunities for exceptional students admitted to the MAcc program.
- Complete an online application by the Priority Deadline to be considered for the most amount of one of our scholarships.
- Scholarships are in the form of a tuition reduction and will be applied to your tuition bills for fall and spring semesters.
- Scholarships are not available in the summer semester.
- Scholarships are awarded prior to starting your first semester of the program.
- Scholarships are non-renewable.
- Students are primarily awarded one type of non-renewable scholarship. The Scholarship Committee will select the best scholarship based on the student’s background and eligibility.
- We will evaluate your scholarship eligibility based on your cumulative GPA at the time you submit your application.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship: To be considered for this scholarship, the admitted student must have a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA. The scholarship range is $2,500 – $5,000 and is partly based on completing the online application by the priority deadline.
- Half-off Tuition: To be considered for this scholarship, the admitted student must have a 3.95 – 4.0 cumulative GPA and apply by the priority deadline. The amount will vary depending on residency status.
- 10% Alumni Scholarship: To be considered for this scholarship, the admitted student must have graduated at the University of Utah with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Community Service Scholarship: Two admitted students will be considered for this scholarship each academic year. Preference is given to students who are currently involved in volunteer work. You must apply by the priority deadline in order to access the essay, which can be found in your online admissions application.
- You must include the following in your essay: the type of service you are involved with, note the dates of involvement, indicate your role and involvement, express why you volunteer and provide the name and contact information of the volunteer supervisor.
- Diversity Scholarship: Five admitted students will be considered for this scholarship each academic year. To be considered you must apply by the priority deadline in order to access this essay, which can be found in your online admissions application.
- You must describe how you will bring diversity to the MAcc program. Diversity can include your background and experiences, intellectual diversity, and/or personal identity.
- Opportunity Scholarship: Three admitted students will be considered for this scholarship each academic year. Apply by completing the application by the priority deadline.
- Candidates for this award will be notified on July 1 for fall admission and Nov. 1 for spring admission.
- The following criteria will be considered for this award: the student’s responses to the scholarship application, a review of their completed FAFSA on file with the University of Utah participation in programs and/or fellowships that support lower socioeconomic, underrepresented or marginalized populations.
To be considered, we need a letter from your employer stating the following:
- You are an employee and are eligible for their tuition benefit plan.
- The letter must also include the tuition benefit plan’s annual amount and the employer’s contact information.
- The letter can be emailed to MAcc@eccles.utah.edu. Please be aware we will verify the letter.
Did you know there are a number of other scholarship opportunities outside the University of Utah David Eccles School of Business scholarships that you can apply for on your own? Take a look at the list below to find out how you qualify for these scholarships. We provided each organization’s website links below for you to explore and apply.