Learn the essential elements of strategic vision and how to apply them to create growth and value in your organization. You will improve your skill set and drive positive results within your company by applying and expanding on the concepts of insight, foresight, and cross-sight with your current leadership strategies for immediate results.
Developing Strategic Vision
7 – 9 October 2020
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
As a leader, having strategic vision is essential to succeeding in a competitive market. With strategic vision, leaders are able to find value in customer shifts, anticipate threats and opportunities, and find firms to collaborate with who share common goals and strengths.
In this course, you will gain these skills by applying the concepts of insight, foresight, and cross-sight as introduced in Todd Zenger’s recent award-winning book Beyond Competitive Advantage. Insight exploits the strengths of your company, department, and team and demonstrates how to use these sources to create more value. Foresight enables you to envision and plan for future by using these strengths and your strategic leadership skills. Cross-sight looks inside and outside your firm or industry to find new sources of value and partners for collaboration. Together, these three concepts ensure creating value and delivering growth, making your firm more competitive.
This program is an excellent way to accelerate progress on large projects, departmental goals, or organizational strategies. You will leave with an actionable workbook with solutions for challenges facing your organization.
Topics covered include:
- Combining analysis and intuition to find value in your firm or team (Insight)
- Shaping the future and maximizing the value of your strengths (Foresight)
- Finding strong partnerships and alliances (Cross-sight)
- Articulating your theory of value
- Delivering growth without diminishing value
Return on Education:
- Employer Benefits
- Improve your ability to predict competitive threats and anticipate industry shifts
- Identify new sources of collaboration and under-utilized resources
- Lead your team through change and accelerate growth and value
- Employee Benefits
- Generate new sources of value for your group or organization
- Strengthen your decision making and communication skills
- Learn to cut through complex situations to see clear opportunities
Who Should Attend:
- Strategic leaders looking to immediately apply elements of strategic vision to specific external challenges or disruptions
- Leaders of teams and companies who want to refresh their strategic leadership skills or apply them to new scenarios
- Individuals with at least 3–5 years of experience seeking to strengthen leadership skills and create growth and exploit value in their organization
Eccles Executive Education is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRMSCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for 13 PDCs. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit SHRMCertification.org.
Dr. Todd Zenger is the Entrepreneurship & Strategy department chair and the N. Eldon Tanner Chair in Strategy and Strategic Leadership at the David Eccles School of Business. Todd is a global expert on topics of corporate strategy, strategic leadership, and organization design and has lectured widely on these topics to academic audiences at most of the world’s leading busniess schools. He has broadly published in the leading academic journals in management and strategy and is the author of the acclaimed book “Beyond Competitive Advantage: How to Solve the Puzzle of Growth While Creating Value.” Todd completed his Ph.D. in strategy and organization at UCLA.
Dr. Jay Barney is a Presidential Professor of Strategic Management and the Pierre Lassonde Chair of Social Entrepreneurship at the David Eccles School of Business. His work has been published in numerous leading outlets, including the Strategic Management Journal, the Academy of Management Review, the Academy of Management Journal, Management Science, and is among the most cited work in the fields of strategic management and entrepreneurship.
Dr. Patricia (Trish) Gorman is Managing Director of the Goff Strategic Leadership Center at the David Eccles School of Business at University of Utah, where she also teaches Strategy. Trish served recently as a Director at Deloitte, leading their U.S. thought leadership on growth. Earlier in her career, she consulted for the LEK Partnership and for McKinsey & Company, where she later served as McKinsey’s Director of Global Strategy Learning. Trish has held leadership and academic positions as Dean of the Jack Welch Management Institute, Academic Director of the Global Consulting Practicum at Wharton, core faculty at Columbia Business School and lecturer at Duke Executive Education, London Business School and various corporate universities. She has developed and delivered learning programs around the world for Heinz, IBM, Havas, Statoil, Samsung, John Deere, Ropes & Gray, Novo Nordisk, Nokia, SwissRe, Ford, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and dozens of other organizations.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.