The First Ascent Scholarship provides the opportunity for incoming college freshmen to engage in all college has to offer. Scholarship funds cover unmet financial need, as well as room and board to help scholars focus on achieving their academic best.
- Current high-school senior
- Applied or will apply to the University of Utah (scholarships will only be awarded to students admitted to the University of Utah)
- Demonstrated interest in business
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Significant financial need to attend college
Submit the following documents to the Eccles School First Ascent Scholars program:
- Completed Application Form — Fill out the entire Application Form. When you are done make sure that you digitally verify the application.
- Transcript — An official, sealed copy of your current academic transcript. (Unofficial copies will be accepted).
- What goals have you set for yourself in pursuing a college degree? How do you feel the First Ascent Scholars Program will help you achieve those goals?
- What do you feel you are capable of?
- Describe a time you had to overcome a challenge and how you overcame that challenge. What was difficult, what did you learn?
- Two Letters of Recommendation (Do not include relatives as references).
- One letter must be from a member of your school’s faculty, staff or administration.
- One letter can be from a person you know through academic, employment, or community leadership experience.
- Proof of demonstrated financial need (one of the following may be used)
- SAR report from FAFSA
- Copy of parent/guardian(s) employment and salary records
- CSS Profile