MSIS Online for Undergraduate IS Majors
The Master of Science in Information Systems Online gives undergraduate information systems majors the opportunity to further their IS knowledge and skills with only one additional year of school. With a hands-on focus, flexible online format and personalized career management resources, the MSIS program can open doors which an undergraduate degree alone cannot.
- BS/MS students are eligible to take graduate IS courses while completing their undergraduate requirements.
- The GMAT/GRE exam and letters of recommendation requirements are waived on the MSIS Online application.
- BS/MS students are eligible for a $4,400 scholarship upon matriculation to the MSIS Online program.
- Eligible students must have a minimum 3.4 cumulative GPA and minimum 3.5 GPA in upper-division IS courses.
- Students must be a declared information systems major at the University of Utah.
- Fast track applicants have the GMAT/GRE exam and letters of recommendation waived from their MSIS Online application.
- Students are eligible for fast track up to 5 years after they graduate.
- IS 6420: Database Theory and Design (3)
- IS 6410: Systems Analysis and Design (3)
- IS 6640: Networking and Servers (3)
- IS 6615: Data Structures and Java (3)
We place a strong focus on ensuring students continue to progress and increase their skills. As these courses are also required for the Eccles IS undergraduate degree, IS majors will not need to repeat them in the graduate program. All students are required to complete a minimum of 30 credit hours, so students who have any core courses waived can instead take additional electives to meet the credit hour requirement.