The David Eccles School of Business Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative has announced the 13 winners of the Leadership in Ethics Education Awards for the 2015-2016 academic year.
“These colleagues were chosen on behalf of the faculty for their successful efforts to create new ethics-related courses, to integrate new business ethics content into existing courses, to mentor students on ethics initiatives, and to help make business ethics a permanent fabric of our business school and other University of Utah academic programs and curricula,” said Dr. Abe Bakhsheshy, director of the Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative at the Eccles School.
The following faculty members are recognized as receiving this year’s Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative Leadership in Ethics Education Awards:
- Jay Barney — Entrepreneurship and Strategy
- Erin Beeghly — Philosophy
- Jack Brittain — Management
- Deen Chatterjee — College of Law
- Randy Dryer — College of Law
- Barney Olsen — School of Dentistry
- Paul Rose — Communication
Each educator will receive a monetary award and each will receive a plaque and medallion at the Spring 2017 Eccles School college awards ceremony. The monetary part of the award reflects the breadth and depth of the contribution to ethics education.
“We thank these colleagues for providing wonderful opportunities to students and other education seekers to learn, discuss, debate, compete and grow personally and professionally in many ways,” Bakhsheshy said.
In addition, the following individuals are being recognized for their contributions to the University of Utah Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative efforts.
- Elizabeth Bandy — Communications Specialist
- Fred Davis — Custodial Services
- Shawna Derry — Financial Analyst
- Reyn Gallacher — Assistant Dean of Finance and Operations
- Dianna Lee — Instructional Designer of Online Programs
- Dan Schaerrer — AV Specialist
Congratulations to all who were honored!