The 2017-2018 academic year marks a major milestone here at the David Eccles School of Business. We’re celebrating 100 Years of Impact and all that we’ve accomplished in the last century!
We also take this time each year to honor the legacy and memory of David Eccles, our school’s namesake. We’re celebrating him — and our 100th anniversary — next week with a full schedule of events. Try to find time to join us at a few! Here’s what we have planned:
Tuesday, Sept. 5
- Donuts in the SFEBB Lobby at 9 a.m.
- Women in Business Fall Meet and Greet at the Madsen Café from 9:15 – 11:15 a.m. Bagels, coffee and juice will be provided. ALL students are welcome.
- 100 Years of Impact Kickoff Celebration at noon in the SFEBB first floor hallway outside the Undergraduate Lounge. We’ll be unveiling an art installation and will give away Eccles School swag.
Wednesday, Sept. 6
- Spencer Fox Eccles Convocation at 10 a.m. in the SFEBB auditorium. This year’s speaker is David Rubenstein, co-founder and co-CEO of The Carlyle Group. RSVP here: EcclesConvocation.eventbrite.com
- Upper Division Welcome at noon in the Bill and Pat Child Family Community Hall. This event is for all students who have been accepted into upper division at the Eccles School this past year.
Thursday, Sept. 7
- Party on the Plaza from 10 a.m. — 2 p.m. See the various Eccles School clubs and organizations, enjoy games, food and music and get a chance to give your professor a pie in the face.
Friday, Sept. 8
- Wear red to support the Utes as they take on the BYU Cougars!
- International Student Career Success Workshop at 10 a.m. in SFEBB 130. Learn about U.S. job search strategies from guest speaker Sui Zhang.